StandUp Paddleboard Lesson
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Product code: 00090
StandUp Paddleboarding Essentials Course: Join us for a two - evening lesson.
Learn correct paddle technique, safety on the water, plus clothing and equipment options from a certified Paddle Canada instructor.
This is a great session to participate in if you're planning on getting into SUP paddling this summer on local lakes and Ocean. Register early to claim your spot in a really engaging and informative clinic! Most important, we will have fun and you will learn SUP paddleboarding in one of the most beautiful cities in the world Vancouver.
>> Evening 1 (Monday @ 6.30 pm): Lecture Intro To Stand Up Paddle Boarding (optional)
Join us for a comprehensive 1hour lecture that introduces you to the spectacular world of Stand Up Paddling (SUP). Course topics include:
· Choosing the paddleboard, inflatable vs. solid
· Parts of the paddleboard
· Choosing a paddle
· Coast Guard Requirements for SUPers
· Clothing Considerations
· Safety Considerations
>> Evening 2 Tuesday @ 6.30 pm: On The Water
This On Water evening is run by one of Certified SUP Instructors. The on-water portion of the course provides an excellent opportunity for beginner SUPers to learn the basics of paddling, rescues and ask questions.
On Water Topics Include:
· Proper standing positions,
· SUP Rescues
· Proper Paddle Strokes
· Edging the board
· Safety on the water
· Clothing options
What to bring?
- Warm sweater or light jacket or waterproof rain jacket
- Comfortable shoes to walk on the beach, you can be barefoot on the board
- Towel & swimsuit
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Change of clothes
- clothing material should not be cotton but nylon or synthetic for quick drying
- Paddle Canada certified instructor